Bayswater, central London is a booming place when it comes to buying, selling, renting or letting property. There are several reasons to consider investing in property in Bayswater, here are ten!
- The first reason is, naturally, the location of Bayswater. It is situated right in the heart of central London in the postal district of W2, in the boroughs of Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea. This is an excellent reason for those who work in London and would prefer to stay somewhere close.
- This brings us to the second reason – excellent transport links. Those that work in any area of London will be pleased to know that Bayswater has several tube stations located nearby. These include Bayswater, Queensway, Royal Oak and Lancaster Gate. In addition, there are regular buses and numerous bus stations within the area, ensuring that access to the rest of London is very convenient.
- Although Bayswater initially was a rural and remote hamlet, the opening of the Bayswater Underground station ensured the development of the area. Today, this area is considered one of London’s most cosmopolite areas and is now an affluent suburb.
- Bayswater developed during the Victorian and Edwardian eras – this is evident with the remarkable buildings across the town. The area is studded with architectural wonders – Victorian stucco terraced houses and Georgian styled houses. Properties for sale in Bayswater are mainly these ancient houses which have been renovated and subdivided into flats and apartments.
- Bayswater borders the north of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. If you are lucky, you can find property that overlooks the park, giving you excellent views. Locals can enjoy all that the parks have to offer – lots of open space, monuments and water activities.
- Bayswater is an excellent location to bring up children. There are several schools in the vicinity and with the close proximity of the parks; this area is clearly family friendly.
- When it comes to shopping and dining, Bayswater has much to offer. London’s first department store, Whiteleys is very popular, and has a wonderful array of shops, bars, restaurants and cafes to keep the entire family entertained.
- Entertainment options are plentiful too – Whiteleys also has an excellent cinema and bowling rink. The Queens Ice Bowl and the Gala Casino are also popular outlets.
- If you prefer something more cultural and calming, then Bayswater has ample attractions for you. These include Saint Sophia Cathedral – the beautiful Greek Orthodox Cathedral and Cleveland Square with gorgeous gardens spanning 1.5 acres of lawn, paths and flowerbeds.
- Finally, Bayswater has several excellent estate agents that will make the process of dealing with property – buying, selling, renting or letting – easier for you!
If you have properties to let in Bayswater or are looking for properties for sale in Bayswater, visit Cavendish Rowe for more information.